Monday, February 2, 2009

Semester 2 Begins!

Welcome back!

Today is an All-meet class day (42 minutes instead of 89), so I presented a review of last term and an overview of the upcoming term. We discussed student expectations/teacher expectations.
Click HERE to read it.

Finals (written portion only) were handed back to students so they could read teacher feedback.

We began the narrative poster project:
Create a poster that shows me who you are. Include your name, a recent photo, a biographical poem, and a 3-4 paragraph narrative (not an essay, just an organized "this is who I am" piece of writing). I prefer the poem and narrative to be typed. The poster can be 8 1/2 x 11 inches (standard paper size) up to 11 x 17 (no posterboard or trifold posters). Be creative--your poster should reflect who you are through images as well as words.
Due Thursday, Feb 5th.

While I will give some class time on Tuesday, I expect you to complete this poster primarily outside of class.
Click on a title for poem formats:
I Am Poem
About Me Poem
Yes, That's Me! Poem

All poem formats are courtesy of: http://ettcweb.lr.k12.nj.us/forms/poemlist.htm